...stepping off the plane and into another world. The lush smell of rainforest mixed with sea-salt in the air. The warmth of the equatorial sun rising over the emerald green mountains. The feeling of letting go already soaking into your skin... And then a warm voice echoes:
A word you'll hear often in Fiji… It's simple meaning is "hello," but as you'll discover on this trip, it epitomizes the values of these islands: friendliness, embracing life, and living it to it's fullest!
On Bula Wellness Retreat, you'll be transported to a remote piece of South Pacific paradise. You'll be welcomed like family, traveling with friends. We'll adopt the simplicity of the Fijian culture, and reset our clocks to a slower pace of life. You'll leave feeling refreshed, invigorated, inspired, and with a deeper sense of connection to the world around you!
T H I S R E T R E A T I S F O R Y O U I F:
You are a seeker, an explorer, an adventurer.
You want to go on a vacation and stay healthy, or even get a little healthier in the process.
You like to stay active while you travel – and you like to balance that activity with amazing food, cocktails, and belly laughs.
You're looking to learn more about health, nutrition, and fitness - in a real-world setting.
You appreciate the comforts a beautiful resort offers, but are also seeking an experience of adventure, connection to local culture, and personal growth.
You are a seasoned yoga practitioner, OR you're not sure you can touch your toes. You haven't missed a Bootcamp in class in years, OR the last time you hiked anywhere it was to get lunch. (ALL levels welcome!)
You like tropical beaches, lush rainforests, the ocean, palm trees, and have always wanted an excuse to explore Fiji.
You appreciate life, or want to learn how to appreciate life more.
What we'll do:
- swim & snorkel (or dive if you're certified) in the most crystal clear, turquoise waters. The quantity and colors of fish and underwater life is more than I've seen anywhere in the world yet...
- stand-up paddle and kayak to the surrounding islands and outer reef for exploration
- take jungle treks and hikes in the lush rainforest
- workout or practice yoga every morning
- visit the local village school in Nagigi to make a donation of supplies and meet the children
- partake in a traditional Kava ceremony (or two) and learn about this ancient ritual
- make a visit to Vuadomo village & waterfall, where we'll take a dip in the pristine waters
- visit Savusavu town and markets, to see how many fruits you never knew existed
- follow the flow of the incoming tides on a lazy river paddle to Salt Lake for exploring
- learn 99 different things you can do with a coconut tree
W H A T ' S I N C L U D E D :
• 6 days/5 nights accommodation at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa. Based on double occupancy in a two bedroom Garden Bure, with private bedroom, shared living space & bathroom. (Fully private room available at additional cost.)
• Three gourmet fresh meals daily, plus afternoon tea; vegetarian options and custom menus upon request.
• Daily yoga & fitness sessions with January.
• All non-motorized resort activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, guided rainforest treks, botanical garden tour, bicycles, tennis, volleyball, golf, stand-up paddle boards and more!
• All additional activities listed on itinerary: Coconut "Tree of Life" workshop, Fijian cooking class, Salt River Kayaking, traditional Kava ceremony, beach bonfire night, local school visit to donate supplies & meet the children, trip to Savusavu Farmers Market, traditional village, and a hike to Vuadomo waterfall.
• Our travel advisor's assistance with booking flights, & all transfers to/from the Savusavu airport, to make sure you arrive across the international dateline and back home again on the right dates!
2 0 1 7 - D A T E S :
May 7th - 12th
October 15th - 20th
(all inclusive, outside of airfare)
$2350 private bedroom, shared Bure - based on double occupancy in a 2 bedroom suite
$2975 fully private Bure
- Contact January with any questions about the retreat via the form below.
- Marissa email@example.com & 877-KOROSUN for bookings and reservations, including assistance with flights into Fiji.
- Please see Terms & Conditions at the bottom of this page before enrolling
Fiji is a group of 330 islands spread over 250,000 km of ocean. In Fiji, although English is the official spoken language, almost everyone is bilingual. Both Fijian and Hindu languages are widely spoken. Fiji’s tropical climate includes temperatures that range in the low 80’s Fahrenheit from July to September and high 80’s Fahrenheit from October to June.
Flights depart daily from Los Angeles on Fiji Airways to Nadi Fiji, with an inter-island flight connection to Savusavu, Vanua Levu. We have a reservations & flights specialist ready to assist you with flight booking if needed!
For questions or to receive the full itinerary, please submit the form below:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS A non-refundable deposit of $500 US dollars is required to confirm your spot. Your booking is confirmed once a confirmation email is received from Koro Sun Resort. Full payment is required at least 45 days prior to the program start. If a booking is made less than 45 days in advance of the start of the retreat, the full amount is required to confirm a spot. If a cancellation is made by the client, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees apply:
Cancellation 45 days or more before program start date: 100% refund, minus deposit. Cancellation within 30-45 days of program start date: no refunds given.
All cancellations must be received in writing by Koro Sun Resort & Rain Forest Spa either by fax or email. No refund is given for “no-show” or early departure.
TRAVEL INSURANCE We strongly encourage comprehensive travel insurance for all Trip Participants. It is solely the responsibility of the Trip Participant to secure such coverage, if he/she chooses to do so. If the Trip Participant chooses to obtain travel insurance, we recommend that it cover trip cancellations, trip interruptions, medical emergencies abroad, emergency evacuation, loss of baggage and flight delays.
PASSPORTS & VISAS Each Trip Participant is required to carry a valid passport and obtain all required visas and/or permits for countries visited. All passports must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of your trip. For example, if the Trip Participant (departs/returns) on January 1, his/her passport must be valid until at least June 2. We are not responsible for travel interruptions or cancellations due to the Trip Participant’s failure to obtain or secure proper travel documentation prior to departure.
We strongly suggest each Trip Participant research or look into any and all pertinent information with respect to the latest health requirements and recommendations for the destination. This includes obtaining all necessary vaccinations, inoculations and prescription medications as directed by a local doctor or clinic
TRAVEL All travel arrangements to and from Fiji and any incidental costs (alcoholic beverages, spa services, gifts) are covered by the guest. Travel costs are not included in the price of the retreat. Guests are welcome to contact us for information on travelling to retreat destinations.
ACCOMMODATION All accommodation provided at a Bula Wellness Retreat is based on double occupancy in a two-bedroom suite. This includes private bedroom with a shared common area and bathroom. If you prefer completely private accommodation, the single supplement fee is $625 USD.
CATERING We make every effort to use the freshest and healthiest ingredients in our meals. Make sure you complete the registration form correctly so we can cater to you if you have any special dietary requirements. Menus are not released prior to the program.
HEALTH AND SAFETY We make every effort to ensure the health and safety of our guests is paramount. We will not be held responsible for accidents or injuries which occur prior to, during or after the retreat. It is your responsibility to act in ways which protect the health and safety of yourself and others.
RETREAT CANCELLATIONS Should Bula Wellness Retreat postpone a retreat for any reason, guests will be notified of alternative dates. Guests may choose to be fully refunded all payments, inclusive of deposit.
* All terms and conditions may be subject to change.