Ok so this is not so much a recipe post as it is just a quick idea...
I saw this a while ago out in the tangle of the interwebs, using lemons, to keep your water cool and lightly flavored. And since I had just returned with a bag full of spring fresh goodies from the farmer's market, I decided to make a few trays of ice with flavors!
Reasons why I love the idea of freezing things into little ice cubes:
- SOME people (Mom, this is for you) find plain water boring. I know, it's weird. But still. For you picky kids, ice cubes with lovely fruit flavors will help alleviate the boredom factor and you'll stay hydrated.
- They're pretty.
- Infuse your water with not only flavor, but some nutrients and antioxidants!
- It's berry season - freeze them when they're fresh and cheap and keep to throw in smoothies all year long.
- Mint leaves in the ice are divine and so refreshing to flavor your water.
- Act all Martha-Stewart-ey when you serve your guests their drinks with these.
- They make Mocktails way more fun.
- Sugar Detoxers - you're welcome.
Get creative! Try other herbs and fruits! Let me know what you come up with in the comments below!