Squashes come in so many beautiful and tasty varieties, but Spaghetti squash tops my list. The strands and texture make it a great carrier for any sauce. Here's how to perfectly roast your Squash:
- Split your spaghetti squash with a sharp knife lengthwise through the middle. Remove the seeds and inner pulp.
- Rub olive/avocado/coconut oil generously over the surface of the squash, and sprinkle on sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the squash face down on a baking sheet, and into a 375 degree pre-heated oven.
- Depending on the size of the squash, I test it at 30-40 minutes by inserting a fork and lightly twisting the strands - they should very easily come loose.
- Remove all strands with a spoon to scrape, and enjoy!
My favorite spaghetti squash toppings:
- Pasture butter and cinnamon. 'Nuff said. Breakfast or dessert.
- Homemade ragu. Crushed tomatoes, spices, all kinds of veggies and grass-fed ground beef.
- Olive oil, basil, parmasean cheese shavings.
- Cheeses over the top melted like Mac & Cheese